Gartner Recognized Hunters as an 'early' XDR product
Successfully integrating across multiple security products
In this report, Gartner outlines the advantages and considerations for security and risk management leaders who consider implementing an XDR solution in their organization.
Gartner describes Extended Detection and Response (XDR) as "a unified security incident detection and response platform that automatically collects and correlates data from multiple proprietary security components".
the four primary functions of an XDR system are:
1. Collection of common security products that are integrated out-of-the-box
2. Centralization and normalization of data in a central repository for analysis and query
3. Improved detection sensitivity resulting from the contribution of multiple security products working in coordination
4. Correlated incident response capability that can change the state of individual security products as part of the recovery process
This report covers:
- The primary advantages of XDR
- How XDR improves security staff productivity
- Why XDR is a modern alternative to SIEM and SOAR
Read this report to learn about the key considerations for security leaders when evaluating an XDR solution.
Gartner, Innovation Insight for Extended Detection and Response, Peter Firstbrook, Craig Lawson, 8th of April, 2021